Saturday, January 19, 2013

January News

This will be short. Not much happening deep in the heart of Texas. Martha finished the first week of her new college semester. We talked to her last night. Hannah is still looking for a temporary job and waiting for responses from the graduate schools she has applied to. Jonathan is enjoying an easy school load for his last semester of high school. Sara continues to touch up photos for the Neiman Marcus catalogue.

For a few days this week, David dinned (but not wined) in the fanciest hotels in the metroplex. He was put in charge of finding the best hotel to host a regional conference of 250+ college administrators. The hotels were out to impress David in order to book the conference. David said he felt very much out of place, but decided to enjoy it while it lasted.

And I have been doing a lot of reading. One of my desires this year was to read up on health issues. I wanted to be sure I was doing what I could to keep my immune system up to par. Plus I wanted to keep finding ways to help Sara and Jonathan with their insulin resistance.

So I’ve been reading about toxic metals, the effects of free radicals, the dangers of fluoride, the destructive effects of food additives, the hidden forms of MSG, the importance of phytonutrients and glyconutrients, the obesity epidemic, and the harmful effects of high-carbohydrate foods. I guess all this means that the M&M’s have to go!

But I still miss my work in the Philippines. Next week I will be talking about missions to students at our New Orleans seminary. In February I will participate in a missions conference in east Texas. But I would much rather be doing missions than talking about it. Well, September won’t be long in coming.

No comments: