Monday, November 28, 2016

Gone to Texas

I’m leaving in a few hours to Texas where Martha will be married this coming Saturday, Dec. 3.  My work load has been a bit heavier during the past couple of weeks as I have prepared to leave.  I will be back in the Philippines on Dec. 12.

Last Friday was a highlight for me.  We had 15 students graduate from our BOOST program, our highest number so far.  The highlight was listening to their testimonies during the graduation ceremony.  Most of their testimonies were similar…

“Before I came to the BOOST program I was involved in several vices (usually drugs, gambling, and drinking).  But during the past 3 months I have learned about God, the Bible, and how to grow in my relationship with Him.  Now I want to return home and share with others what I have learned.”

Please pray for these young people as they return home, that the Lord will protect them from the evil one, that they will read and apply Scripture daily, and that they will be faithful to share what they have learned with others.  Our next batch of students will begin their training on January 9.

After I return from the States, Christmas will be busy with church fellowships and gift giving.  We have targeted several areas to give food and other items to needy families.   Although the end of the year is usually harvest time, the crops this year have been relatively lean.

Speaking of Christmas, this is the time when the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for Foreign Missions is collected.  Would you please prayerfully consider giving a generous amount.  Half of all our funds comes from this one offering.  It’s what keeps us here, evangelizing the lost, discipling the saved, and working until our Savior returns.

No comments: