Saturday, June 21, 2014

Undisclosed

I leave in a few hours to another ‘undisclosed’ Asian country for our annual mission meeting. Martha is finishing up her trip in an ‘undisclosed’ country and will join me there. For security reasons, my company tells me I must keep our travels ‘undisclosed’. So undisclosed they shall remain, for now.

I’m excited to see Martha and hear all that she has learned. Her correspondence out of that ‘undisclosed’ country has been limited, again for security reasons. After our mission meeting, David will join Martha and I in Singapore for a few days of vacation. Then Martha will return with me to the Philippines for about 3 weeks before heading back to Texas, then Virginia. Thank you to each one who has sent support for her and prayed for her. I know the Lord will use this experience in her life to help guide her future, as well as have an impact on the ones she ministered to in that 'undisclosed' country.

Thank you also for praying for our new church opening in Capiz. Two weeks ago we baptized 8. Then last week we baptized another 8. These 16 form the nucleus of our new church in a village of several hundred families that previously had no church. We are excited to see the gospel permeate this place. Thanks to SBTC for their typhoon relief efforts there.

A big part of my ministry strategy has shifted to helping people here recognize the harmful effects of pop western culture (which is quickly copied by pop Filipino culture) and how to protect themselves from its worldly beliefs and ungodly values. I will be leading a seminar on July 12 called “Learn to Discern”. Please pray for the eyes of peoples’ hearts to be opened to the forces of evil that is at work through cultural influences. People do not appreciate the light of Christ until they realize the depth of spiritual darkness that surrounds them.

So how are you doing? No doubt most of you have some area of life that is a struggle that weighs on you and leaves you puzzled as to what to do. Such times are my reminder that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only One I cannot live without, who speaks to me along the unfamiliar 'undisclosed' journey, telling me where to place my next step. May your steps be forever guided by the One who knows the way through, who has been on the same journey before.

No comments: